Emotional Wellbeing Training Programme: Getting it right for deaf children and young people
Presented on Wednesday 13 January 2010
Session 3 - Support Mechanisms & Networks
- To assist the young people in identifying an individual & group support structures which are important for creating good emotional health & wellbeing.
- Young people need to understand the different levels of support and how various support agencies will work with the young person in finding a solution.
Notes: They identify what type of problems a young person might have
and use the internet, telephone directory etc to plan a step by step
support for the problem.
Always top of the 'problem solution' is to tell someone.
Support - the different & appropriate levels...
- Depression or feeling down
- What's serious & what's not
- Using 'soaps' as examples - Hollyoaks
- Using relevant resources
Ideas for making transitions easier
- Can be a class friend
- Older person
- Youth leader
- Boundaries, friendship.
Session 4 - Identity -Who am I ?
- Exploring identity
- Using family tree, creating a passport
- What's normal?
- 10 minutes exercise - write something on a piece of paper that's unique /different about you
- Don't reveal, fold and place in bag
- Once everyone has a piece of paper - you work around the room - asking questions relating to your statement
Me being me ... an effective exercise
- Using magazines, newspapers explore how image is important;
- Look at 'normal' - what
does this mean?
- What are our values & beliefs
- What makes us different?
If we were all the same - what would our world be like?