Achievements of Deaf Pupils in Scotland
Presented in February 2004
"We realise that this is going to be a difficult job for
teachers to do, but we as parents would be only too happy to help - please
use us to get the information"
Frances Dolan, parent of deaf children
- Joint project with NDCS/local DCS groups
- Content devised at joint meetings
- Piloted at full day group session
Content of Questionnaire
- Personal details
(eg: disabilities, ethnicity, first language, etc)
(eg:diagnosis, views about placement, etc)
- Family information
(eg: income, family activities, etc)
- 23 volunteers across Scotland
- Answer queries from parents re completing the questionnaires
- Home visits to help if necessary
- Chase up calls near deadline if possible
Packing and distributing
- Approximately 2,000 questionnaire packs put together with the help of volunteers.
- Distributed by deaf education services and schools.
What happens now?
Deadline for return - 16 February 2004
Entry into database
Sharing 'section 1' information with deaf education services where parents have given permission
Analysis of results
Dissemination of results