Multi-Agency Planning and Practice
Presented in March, 2004
Additional support - Preschool community teams
This project is concerned with intergrating service provision for preschool children with significant additional support needs requiring input from two or more services, other than universal services.
Aims: The aim of the community team model is to establish a service coordination system which
- streamlines the referral process,
- coordinates services from the start,
- includes a keyworker system,
- ensures families have a written family support plant,
- ensures that families are central to the whole process.
The remit of the Community Teams is to coordinate the process of referral and ensure that appropriate services and supports are put in place.
There are 6 Pre-school community teams in Fife, covering the areas of
- West Fife
- North East Fife
Health, Education and Social work are represented on the Community Teams.
Each team usually cosists of
- Intergration manager (team coordinator)
- Community children's nurse
- Community paediatrician
- Educational home visitor
- Occupational therapist
- Social worker
- Speech and language therapist
- Clinical psychologist
Other people may be invited to join the team depending on the needs of the child and family.