Early Intervention - What do I do now?
Presented in June 2005
Parent Counselling Service
The Parent Counselling Service was established in 1978 to provide a service to families of severely visually impaired children; in particular, to parents of infants and preschool children with eye conditions.
The service offers:
- help and support to families and carers of young blind and partially sighted children;
- information about eye conditions and the implications for the child and the family;
- skilled listening and confidentiality;
- early programmes of play and stimulation;
- information and links with other services and agencies, both local and national;
- early contact with Barrie Nursery Friday playgroup and toy library;
- early assessment of vision in the home environment.
The Parent Counselling Service is based at the Royal Blind School, Edinburgh. Enquiries and referrals can be made to:
Mrs Grace Stuart Dip Spec Ed VI
Royal Blind School
Edinburgh EH16 5NA
Telephone: 0131 662 8145
Mobile: 07767 811895