Prematurity and Vision
Friday 3 March 2006
Parent Counsellor Service
Working out of the Royal Blind School; service established in 1978
Provide help and support to families and carers of young children with a visual impairment.
- Information about eye conditions and the implications for the child and family.
- Early programmes of play and stimulation.
- Early assessment of vision in the home.
- Skilled listening and confidentiality.
- Links with the early intervention service and Friday playgroup at Barrie House.
- Information and links with other services both local and national
Enquiries and referrals can be made to:
Mrs Grace Stuart, Parent Counsellor, Royal Blind School, Craigmillar
Park, Edinburgh EH16 5NA
Telephone: 0131 662 8145