The Role of Vision in Learning
Presented on Friday 7 November 2008
PhD BA DBO SRO
- Normal to reverse letters up to age 7
- Beyond this age difficulty with development of spatial and phonological processing
- Why do children and adults confuse certain letters?
- Auditory discrimination may not allow the reader to discriminate between 'b' and 'd'.
- Speech and language difficulty may not allow child to feel difference.
- Auditory imbalance.
Visual Spatial Relationships
- Purpose - to determine if patient can see odd shape out - odd shape has been rotated.
- If poorly developed - possible b and d confusion, difficulty with writing, spotting written errors.