Development and Supportive Interventions for Babies and Young Children with Visual Impairment
Presented on Thursday, 11 November 2010
This was an introductory course that investigated the development of vision and possible effects of visual impairment. Participants were given the opportunity to discuss and share their knowledge and understanding of supportive interventions and suggestions to improve practice. This course was of particular interest to those with limited experience and an exciting opportunity to consolidate and enhance current knowledge and expertise.
Target Audience: Parents, carers and professionals involved with young children with visual impairment.
Presenters: Mary Dallas, Education and Family Services Manager, RNIB Scotland;
Janis Sugden, Scottish Sensory Centre.
- 10.30 am Development of Vision in Young Children, Janis Sugden
- 11.30 am Impact of Vision on development; some common visual impairments, Janis Sugden
- 1.30 pm Strategies to meet the challenges: close up approach and
- VI curriculum for those with complex needs, Mary Dallas
- 3.40 pm Course Evaluation and close
10.20 am Introduction, Janis Sugden
2.30 pm Focus on some case studies, Mary Dallas
3.15 pm Questions and feedback, Mary Dallas